In 2017, Level5 was engaged by a large North American B2B communications and scheduling solutions provider that had acquired numerous companies over a short period of time. It was coping with a lack of integration, limited standardization, and unclear processes.
The client needed to consolidate operations to successfully manage its post-merger integration; our task was to identify a brand strategy, promise, and portfolio architecture strategy that would bring the disparate parts of the business together. Level5 worked with the organization to execute the new strategies and operationalize its refined promise to customers.
To define the brand strategy and establish the appropriate brand architecture, Level5 first had to understand how the company’s brand was perceived by internal and external stakeholders. We gained these insights by conducting a quantitative BrandMap™ study as well as qualitative focus groups with customers and employees. The study uncovered the need for rapid change if the company planned to consistently deliver on its new brand strategy.
To drive this required change, our team:
- Formed a management leadership cabinet to provide transparent governance and prioritize initiatives across each of the key functional areas
- Developed frameworks for the delivery of the company’s promise: these included an organizational model and accompanying implementation plan designed to transition 50% of the remote workforce to in-house
- Built and leveraged a filtering tool to evaluate and prioritize processes contributing to customer churn; Level5 redesigned the prioritized processes and created solutions to address identified customer pain points
Impact & Results
- Created a consistent and improved customer experience by aligning the company’s brand strategy with its operating model centred on operational excellence
- Established a governance structure to drive executive alignment to major business decisions
- Implemented a formal escalation process, enabling stakeholders to bring forward any problems and important solutions