An Ontario Crown Corporation engaged Level5 for assistance with defining its 2017-2020 Strategic Plan. The plan had to resonate with the Board of Directors, Executive Team, ~2,000 employees across the organization, Government of Ontario, and provincial customers. It also needed to drive real and sustainable culture change for the Corporation.
After defining the Strategic Plan, Level5 continues to work with the Corporation in shaping and supporting the implementation of its strategy and transformation journey.
Defining the Corporation’s Promise and Value Propositions to its customers, stakeholders, and employees was foundational to implementation.
Upon defining a resonant Promise through qualitative research with internal and external stakeholders, Level5 worked closely with the Executive Team and various cross-functional teams to operationalize the Promise and implement the Strategic Plan. By facilitating a series of parallel workstreams, Level5 was able to leave a positive imprint on the entire organization by:
- Establishing a new change management capability to increase engagement, understanding, and support of change initiatives
- Redefining the organization’s HR Strategy through the introduction of a new behaviour-based performance evaluation program that actively reinforces the Corporation’s Promise and desired culture
- Defining and operationalizing clear accountabilities and ownership of core processes through enterprise mapping
- Building the governance of project lifecycles with a focus on technology related projects
- Creating a risk-based assessment framework and management tool to more proactively manage political, economic, and reputational risks
Impact & Results
Level5 helped the Ontario Crown Corporation instigate a real cultural transformation by:
- Re-establishing how strategic programs are prioritized and implemented
- Crystalizing and operationalizing management accountabilities
- Equipping the Corporation to deliver on its Promise in a much more agile, engaging, and consistent manner
Our work with the Ontario Crown Corporation proves that a successful transformation strategy and implementation is possible in a regulated, government mandated environment.